FREE Event | All Mudge Islanders Welcome!
The format of the meeting will follow past meetings.
- Statement regarding format and expectations from our moderator;
- Opening statements from the candidates, about who they are and why they are running for office;
- A session where all candidates will be asked questions prepared by the moderator;
- A session where the audience can ask individual candidates questions;
- Closing statements from the Candidates Closing statement from the moderator and adjourn.
What we would like from you, is that you send us thoughts about what issues are important to you, what would you expect of our Local Trustees and Regional Director. We will formulate the questions to be posed by the moderator from the responses we receive from you.
It is pretty easy to predict some comment about our Land Use Bylaw issue directed towards the candidates for Trustee, as well as access and parking issues presented to the Regional Director Candidates. We know from listening to you that there are others we can explore.
We are planning to keep this meeting to 2 hours, so ask that you send us one or two issues of concern, not a laundry list of past grievances. Our goal is to focus on what we can do in the future, not belabour past issues.
We are excited to be able to host this meeting, particularly given the unanimous response from all candidates willing to attend. We can expect a lively and informative meeting that will give all of us the opportunity to decide who we would wish to represent us in the next 4 years.
The meeting location is still to be determined. Please check the Mudge Island Community Website for updates.